The History of Hawthorne Dene
|The Hawthorne Dene Hotel was built in 1899 on land that had originally been
part of Arwenack Farm and the old Arwenack Manor. This in turn had passed to
John Wodehouse, 1st Earl of Kimberly.|
From 25th March 1899 a Miss Catherine Lloyd Parsons took up the lease from the Kimberly Estate along with her parents Mr Thomas Parsons and his wife Elizabeth. He was the Inland Revenue Officer for Falmouth District. From this time it was run as a fine Boarding House and Pension.
The Hawthorne Dene has continued as a small Edwardian hotel of character and distinction ever since.
"An Edwardian Hotel of Character & Distinction" (watercolour)